/Next - Introductory Demonstrations into the Fastest-Growing Hi-tech Fields, Plus Lightning Talks on Local Tech and Startups
This information is for the 2018 event which is now over. In 2019 we held our Game Jam and hosted the Fraser Valley Tech Forum instead of this event. For 2020 we are still assessing our fall schedule
The Chilliwack.Tech/Next event is for university students and anyone else interested in the industry to get introductory demonstrations into the fastest growing hi-tech fields. Attendees will also learn more about local tech companies, startups, and the business side of the industry.
This action-packed afternoon will take place in the Black Box Theater at the Chilliwack UFV campus, on Saturday November 17th, from 1pm to 5pm. Registration is only $10.
Participants will get six 30 minute sessions that provide an introductory demonstration into the following high growth hi-tech fields:
- Internet of Things, Microcontrollers
- DevOps Deployment Management using Chatbots, presented by Richard Clark from Crafty Penguins
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Applying Machine Learning to Geospatial Applications, presented by Jonathon McIntyre from i-Open Technologies
- Building a Predictive Analytics Service with Azure Machine Learning Studio, presented by Danny Burgoyne from Microsoft
- Quantum Computing
- Programming a Simulator of a Quantum Computer, presented by Colin Schmidt from Wisebox Solutions
There will be a ten minute break half way through the sessions, with snacks and drinks available during the break and after the event
All of these demonstrations are intended to help you get started with these subjects, with briefing notes and relevant links provided after the sessions. Seating will be in chairs setup theater style. You are encouraged to make notes and follow along at some points on a laptop, but power plugs will not be available.
After the above demonstrations, there will be a set of lightning talks on local up-and-coming tech, startups, and the business side of the industry.
- UFV's Innovation and Entrepreneurship Programs
- Presented by David Harper from UFV
- XLRator: Fraser Valley Money for Fraser Valley Entrepreneurs
- Startup Grind Chilliwack and the 2019 Startup Hackathon
Networking & Social
After the Lightning Talks, there will be time for everyone to mingle with snacks and drinks available. Bring some business cards to quickly exchange contact info with others; even if they are just personal cards you hand write :) This is your opportunity to connect with potential team members for the 2019 Startup Hackathon!
The official hashtag for this event is #ChwkNext
Registration costs $10.00 plus GST, totaling $10.50, and includes light snacks and drinks during the event.
Registration is currently closed